2010年1月30日 星期六

【Dear Diary】20100129

Tom Hands was so young and thin to recognize!


Few days ago, I saw the movie, Philadelphia, whose leading actors are Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington, which is about a homosexual layer with AIDS, Andrew Beckett, got fire by his firm, so Andrew and his attorney, Joe Miller,sued his firm to fight for this working right. The background is in 90s and people at that time believed that the homosexuals were the carriers of AIDS and were also very conservative about homosexual. So this background made Andrew and Joe had lots of difficulties to fight with the strong and conservative firm and society in and off the court.

Actually I just saw the later half part of the movie, which is about cross-examining on the court. You can see the director is trying so hare to let people know that how conservative and stubborn people were, no matter the owner or bosses of the firm or the people in the society or even Joe himself. This part reminds that if I am a conservative and stubborn person as they of the movie. I ain't just talking about the issue of homosexual or AIDS, there are lot more issues which may not be acceptable for most of people at this time, but there issues might be more acceptable after ten or twenty years. Just like homosexual was not acceptable thirty years ago, now more and more people try to accept , understand or even approve this group.

I am writing this not to discuss the changing of society, because I am not a social scientist. I just want to remind myself that always be open minded about new things which may not be easy understand now, but try hard and be in their shoes which will help me to accept more in somehow.

By the way the movie is really good, so next time I will finish the movie from beginning to end.

沒有留言: